You are the candy king!
Pastries have stolen your people's treasures.
You must get it back!
Discover the lands of wasted cakes or the cloudly candy floss city...
While exploring, find abilities that will help you find the stolen treasures.
MY ROLE: TECHNICAL GAME DESIGNER
- Produce tools to improve productivity.
- Special care to user experience (UX)
- Programming enemies' AI
- Polishing the game
WHAT I LEARNED / IMPROVED
- Working with another programmer
- Tools ReorderableLists & Handles
- Reducing build size: from 1GB to 80MB
- Reduce compile time and thus, saving time: How I Cut Unity Compile Times by 75%
- Usage of partial classes in C#
IMPROVING LEVEL DESIGNER WORKFLOW
Level designers edit enemies' patrols points with move handles:
visual, optimized, maintainable ✔️
Add UnityEvent to avoid level designers from programming.
When a level is opened in Editor, automatically load others scenes layers (like code or art).
Avoid browsing infinitely to load each scenes one by one.
Time saved ✔️
- Genre: Metroid Vania 2D
- Engine: Unity
- Development duration: 13 days (4 to 21 February 2020)
- Team: 4 game artists & 4 game designers (including me)
- Special thanks: to Flavien Caston & Robin Blanc. They gave us the original prototype containing character controller.