StickWars is a 2D multiplayer versus game using AirConsole technology.
Embody a stick figure and fight to prove that you are the best.
Use the environment to triumph over others stick figures. Team up with your opponents or betray them.
MY ROLE: ONE MAN DEVELOPER
- Developing the game: game design, programming, etc...
- Publishing the game: respect the guidelines, communicate with the publishing team, etc...
- F2P Game Design: The longer the player session, the better the developers are paid from AirConsole.
- Post Launch: Analytics & A/B test
WHAT I LEARNED / IMPROVED
- Fundamentals of brawler game designing.
- Increasing players' session.
- A more maintainable way to make character controller. (StateMachine pattern)
- Multiplayer game development
- Genre: 2D Multiplayer versus
- Engine: Unity
- Development duration: 2 month on my spare time
- Team: Only me
MULTIPLAYER - AIRCONSOLE
I used AirConsole to make StickWars multiplayer in an original and accessible way.
Users play together in the browser on one shared screen and use their smartphones as gamepads.
Average 90 players per day 😁😁
However, I am working on sessions' duration